Continent 8 (C8) is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Select Consulting Partner and has built the capabilities to support customers accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud services. Esports Entertainment Group, a full-stack esports and online gambling company, required a partner to deliver reliable and dedicated connectivity scalable to requirements. C8 worked to produce a suitable regulated solution to fit the various challenges faced.
Esports Entertainment Group is a full-stack esports and online gambling company fuelled by the growth of video-gaming and the ascendance of esports with new generations. Their mission is to help connect the world at large with the future of sports entertainment in unique and enriching ways that bring fans and gamers together.
With a “core-AWS” platform design, and a regulatory requirement for dedicated in-state transaction processing, an AWS Outpost was the necessary infrastructure stack, connected to AWS regions.
Needing a provider to create a solution which would deliver reliable and dedicated connectivity scalable to requirements, Continent 8 (C8) worked to produce a suitable regulated solution to fit the various challenges faced.
There were multiple requirements to be met from technical to commercial, with an over-riding desire for repeatability through a template solution design:
- Quality Internet Connected – the need to enable the AWS Outposts to communicate not just to AWS Regions directly and privately, but also public internet via low latency, diversely resilient private and secure guaranteed data transfer rates across the US.
- No network management – no local network infrastructure beyond the AWS Outpost; Atlantic City implementation to be “green-field” with no separate network infrastructure and associated co-location.
- Regulated service provision – as a New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) licensee, any required solution needed to be regulator approved.
- Future-proof – a capability to support existing and future potential requirements, from network edge to compute and storage.
C8 proposed and delivered a solution using its regulated public cloud to create a network edge:
- The C8 public cloud in New Jersey enables the provision of a network edge function as a service (NEaaS) connected to an AWS Outpost, allowing the connection to internet, AWS and other private network services.
- As a regulated cloud approved by the NJDGE, the C8 public cloud was able to be used and connected to and serve as the “bridge” between the NJDGE monitoring and the AWS Outpost.
- The C8 cloud has additional capabilities which can act in hybrid with AWS Outpost and AWS – enabling the provision of additional compute and storage and network capabilities without any additional infrastructure, co-location of infrastructure management.
“We can offer Network Edge Services (NEaaS) to provide all of the functionality required to connect an AWS Outpost to the internet and to AWS, both private and publicly. Our customer utilised this infrastructure design to meet their vast needs including a regulatory approval solution and low latency, resilient connectivity. The customer now benefits from a regulated, scalable and cost-effective solution.”
Justin Cosnett, Chief Product Officer at Continent 8 Technologies
Continent 8 Technologies (C8)
Founded over 20 years ago, C8 is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures the world’s most valuable information.
The company has data centres and strategic points of presence in over 80 connected locations spanning Europe, the Americas and Asia, and is expanding rapidly. Its carrier-grade network powers some of the biggest brands in iGaming.
With a first-to-market strategy, C8 is currently live in 23 states with future sites planned in the near future, enabling customers to capitalise on the fast-growing market.
C8 is an AWS Select Consulting Partner and as a member of the AWS Partner Network (APN), the company can assist iGaming operators and suppliers with AWS services and solutions. This includes the deployment and hosting of AWS Outposts throughout the US, via an AWS Outposts Enablement Package, which provides a delivery team to lead, co-ordinate and support the deployment from pre-install to go-live.
In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services – now commonly known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace up-front capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with your business. With the Cloud, businesses no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Learn more about C8’s AWS Outposts Enablement Package and how we can accelerate your cloud strategy here.
Download the Case Study here: C8 Case Study AWS (EEG)