Continent 8 (C8) is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner and has built the capabilities to support customers accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud services. The company required a partner to deliver reliable and dedicated connectivity scalable to requirements. C8 worked to produce a suitable regulated solution to fit the various challenges faced.
The customer is the digital arm of an established brand in the gaming industry bringing their 50+ year history of providing world class entertainment to the sportsbook and interactive gaming world. Their mission is to build and unrivalled betting experience for sports and entertainment fans everywhere.
With a cloud native platform based on AWS technologies, and a regulatory requirement for dedicated in-state transaction processing, an AWS Outpost was the necessary infrastructure stack, connected to AWS regions.
Needing a provider to create a solution which would deliver reliable and dedicated connectivity scalable to requirements, Continent 8 (C8) worked to produce a suitable regulated solution to fit the various challenges faced.
There were multiple requirements to be met from technical to commercial, with an over-riding desire for repeatability through a template solution design:
- Quality internet connected – the need to enable the AWS Outposts to communicate not just to AWS Regions directly and privately, but also public internet via low latency, diversely resilient private and secure guaranteed data transfer rates across the US.
- No network management – no local network infrastructure beyond the AWS Outpost; Atlantic City implementation to be “green-field” with no separate network infrastructure and associated co-location.
- Regulated service provision – as a New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) licensee, any required solution needed to be regulator approved.
- Business continuity – low latency highly available connectivity to facilitate the data replication within regulated jurisdictions.
- Off-Net connectivity – ability to provide seemless connectivity to premises not current on the C8 network such as Casinos and sports venues.
- Future-proof – a capability to support existing and future potential requirements, from network edge to compute and storage.
C8 proposed and delivered a solution using its global network, Network Edge as a Service, and managed edge security products:
- The C8 MPLS network is built to connect every C8 site and PoP together via diversely provided and routed wavelength services. The MPLS mesh overlay is used to deliver quality of service and simplified customer VPN delivery options.
- Dedicated private circuits seamlessly bringing C8 network services to customer owned locations.
- Using a Layer 3 presentation and an effective MPLS VPN Cloud, each AWS Outpost can communicate locally without the need for any local network infrastructure, and remotely to all other instances deployed, enabling disaster recovery data replication and backup capabilities to dedicated port speeds required.
- In-state IP transit services provide demonstratable internet connectivity to consumers and partners
- As a regulated cloud approved by multiple regulators, the C8 public cloud was able to be used and connected to and serve as the “bridge” between regulators such as the NJDGE monitoring and the AWS Outpost.
“We can offer Network Edge Services (NEaaS) to provide all of the functionality required to connect an AWS Outpost to the internet and to AWS, both private and publicly. Our customer utilised this infrastructure design to meet their vast needs including a regulatory approval solution and low latency, resilient connectivity. The customer now benefits from a regulated, scalable and cost-effective solution.”
Justin Cosnett, Chief Product Officer at Continent 8 Technologies
Continent 8 Technologies (C8)
Founded 25 years ago, C8 is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures the world’s most valuable information.
The company has data centres and strategic points of presence in over 90 connected locations spanning Europe, the Americas and Asia, and is expanding rapidly. Its carrier-grade network powers some of the biggest brands in iGaming.
With a first-to-market strategy, C8 is currently live in 25 states with future sites planned in the near future, enabling customers to capitalise on the fast-growing market.
C8 is an AWS Select Consulting Partner and as a member of the AWS Partner Network (APN), the company can assist iGaming operators and suppliers with AWS services and solutions. This includes the deployment and hosting of AWS Outposts throughout the US, via an AWS Outposts Enablement Package, which provides a delivery team to lead, co-ordinate and support the deployment from pre-install to go-live.
In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services – now commonly known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace up-front capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with your business. With the Cloud, businesses no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Learn more about C8’s AWS Outposts Enablement Package and how we can accelerate your cloud strategy here.
Download the Case Study here: C8 Case Study AWS (EEG)