Our data centre in Montreal has been in operation for over 13 years now, servicing many of the largest gaming operators and software providers in the industry. The top 8 poker companies (reference: Poker Scout) built their business in the Continent 8 data centre, located on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, 15 minutes from both Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport and downtown Montreal, from initial start-up to where they are today.
Continent 8 helped these businesses become successful through commercial and technical partnership created specifically to suit the stringent challenges faced by gaming operators and networks.
It is an ideal location for operators wishing to service either a global marketplace from one location, or the Americas. Continent 8’s data centre proximity to Montreal allows for direct access to the extensive transportation and telecommunications services of the Montreal region. Montreal is situated on a high quality fibre backbone for the eastern seaboard of North America.
- Continent 8 Technologies’ Montreal data centre has been approved as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant
- Political landscape is solid, making it one of the most suitable environments for gaming companies to license and locate
- No appreciable limit to the amount of bandwidth available to the data centre
A comprehensive suite of services and solutions are available from our Montreal data centre from traditional co-location to fully managed solutions, designed to meet your organisations needs now, and into the future.
- Connected to multiple Global Tier 1 upstream transit providers in Montreal
- Diversified transatlantic routes to London (Hibernia) and Paris (Level 3) interconnecting into our global backbone.
- Direct access to fibre-optic backbone into USA
- Fully redundant power supply from Hydro Quebec
- International Customers can rely on our onsite support for everything that cannot be done remotely
- Manned facility, multilevel (Including Biometric) access control with CCTV monitored 24/7
- N+1 Environment systems maintaining consistent temperature and humidity
- Mechanical, electrical and network systems monitored 24/7 by expert engineers
- Fire and water leak protection systems
- Average 5 kVA per rack up to 7.5 kVA per rack dual power provision
You can download the Montreal Data Sheet