Part of the British Isles, but not politically part of the UK or the European Union, Guernsey is the second largest of the Channel Islands. Less than 30 miles off the coast of France, it forms part of a Bailiwick, which includes the smaller island of Alderney. An economy which includes a world-renowned finance centre, Europe’s largest captive insurance sector, strong banking, investment fund and trusts sectors and a rapidly growing e-business sector.
The independence of the Bailiwick is reflected in the islands’ economy and its regulatory structures. Guernsey and Alderney have established their own advantageous tax frameworks operating its own regulatory framework.
Data centres are a growing part of the Guernsey economy and are helping it diversify away from mainly finance related industries. Building on the island’s excellent infrastructure, its independent legal system, its inherent security and the wide range of professional skills associated with the finance industry, the island is already an important location for hosting.
- Low Tax Jurisdiction
- World-class communications infrastructure
- Self-Sufficient power backed by connection to third party electricity grid systems
- Local expert dedicated business services for financial and legal support
A comprehensive suite of services and solutions are available from our Guernsey data centre from traditional co-location to fully managed solutions, designed to meet your organisations needs now, and into the future.
- Resilient power supplied by onsite substation, backed up by N+1 generators
- Redundant diverse connectivity options from one megabit to multi-gigabits
- Private backbone network to North America, London, Paris, Gibraltar, Milan and Malta via layer 3 MPLS network controlled by Continent 8 end to end
- Secure compound: 8-foot high fences, 3 strands barbed wire, security camera and lighting
- Around-the-clock personnel, CCTV and electronic surveillance, controlled physical access
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) and FM200 floor and ceiling fire suppression systems
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Industrial heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Average 5 kVA per rack per rack dual power provision
You can download the Guernsey Data Sheet
Just fill out the form below and we will send you an instant download link to the document.