As a part of our international corporate and product expansion we are looking for qualified, talented and energetic people with experience in the technology sector.
Our Data Centres are uniquely linked to our other operations and this together with our expertise in building and operating Data Centres makes our proposition globally competitive. We know that to keep being the best we need to recruit and retain the best people. Our salary structure, opportunity and development are key components of recruiting the best.
Group Financial Controller – Isle of Man
As part of our continued expansion we are currently recruiting for a Group Financial Controller based at our Isle of Man data centre and global headquarters. The role will report to the Director of Finance.
The Group Financial Controller will manage a small but expanding Finance team and take responsibility for all accounting processes including the production of the monthly management accounts and consolidated financial statements for the group and individual subsidiaries.
This includes overseeing all financial accounting including:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversight of accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Submission of information and returns to statutory authorities
- Maintaining a robust system of internal financial controls.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Fully qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAGE X3 Accounting Systems would be extremely advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong team player with leadership skills and proven experience of managing and developing a team
Data Centre Technician – Malta
Following the opening of our second data centre in Malta, Continent 8 is looking for a Data Centre Technician to support our customer installations.
Areas of activity include:
- Technical support to customers – troubleshooting a variety of computer equipment including servers, disks, network cards and data communications equipment
- Install, move, and configure servers and server related equipment (i.e. servers, switches, routers, disk arrays and misc. technology equipment)
- Provisioning services such as network access, E-mail, Web, and DNS
- Providing general support to customers
- On call as part of a team rota
- A higher-level qualification in IT or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years work experience in an enterprise IT support environment
- Strong understanding of cabling good practices
- General understanding of LAN/WAN/Telephony concepts
- Knowledge of server, storage & networking hardware
- Work independently and with others on tasks with some technical and management guidance
- The successful candidates will have to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and ability to use their own initiative
IT Procurement Manager – London
We are currently looking for an IT Procurement Manager. The procurement function has recently been decentralised and therefore the purpose of this newly created role will be to develop, implement, and maintain effective systems processes and documents to ensure the efficiency of the procurement & contracting function across the entire business. As such this role will include global travel.
- Manage and establish strong relationships with local and international vendors as well as with the internal “customers”.
- Negotiate pricing and favourable contractual terms with vendors to drive costs savings
- Develop, implement and maintain effective system processes and documents
- Tracking and management of global hardware & software annual support agreements
- Prepare and submit detailed recommendations for the contract award, based on commercial and technical factors, to the department directors and CFO.
- Responsible for driving operational improvements in all aspects of the shipping area; i.e. development of a global shipping or broker supplier, implementation of a global shipping procedure and associated documentation.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in vendor management for companies in the IT or Telecom sectors.
- Can demonstrate experience developing a function remotely.
- Good understanding of procurement compliance requirements e.g. Anti- Bribery Act
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
- Proven track record of controlling external spend while developing a robust supplier base
- Proven Line Management experience ideally used to managing staff in multiple locations and remotely
- Ability to influence at a high level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail.
- Able to build good productive relationships with other team members and stakeholders of the business.
- Takes responsibility for own work, to ensure it is accurate, meets quality standards, and performed on a timely basis.
- Self-Motivated & Able to work on own (Resilient) with minimal supervision
Senior Network Analyst – Isle of Man
Continent 8 Technologies is looking for an experienced network analyst to join the Network Operations team in Isle of Man. Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager, the Senior Network Analyst will have primary responsibility for analysing, designing, installing, troubleshooting and ongoing support of the Continent 8 Technologies Global IP Network in North America, Europe and Asia as well as the corporate networking infrastructure and security.
- Participate in the planning, design, configuration and deployment of company’s highly available network environment, including switches, routers, load balancers, DDoS mitigation devices and other hardware.
- Daily operational maintenance of existing network infrastructure. (mainly Cisco and Juniper)
- Support customers with various network issues
- Monitor system availability and performance to minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components
- Create and maintain current documentation
- Participate in various information technology projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a network administrator or equivalent Juniper or Cisco certifications (CCIP or equivalent)
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and infrastructure, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with network services and dynamic routing (BGP, HSRP, OSPF, MPLS)
- Familiar with Networking Monitoring and Management Tools (Cacti/rrdtool, MRTG, Nagios)
- Experience with VOIP telephony systems
- Knowledge of Redhat Linux
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
- Strong technical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under stress is essential
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply, attaching a copy of your current CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the advertised role, to firstname.lastname@example.org