Malta became a member state of the European Union (EU) on 1st May 2004, competing against countries like Ireland and Luxembourg, Malta has a unique combination of a multi-lingual workforce and a strong Anglo-Saxon legal system. Malta has a regulator, the MFSA, with a strong business development mindset and the country has been successful in attracting gaming businesses, aircraft and ship registration, credit-card issuing banking licences and also fund administration. Service providers to these industries, including fiduciary and trustee business, is a core part of the growth strategy of the Island.
Continent 8 Technologies’ data centre in Malta is located in central Malta, 2 miles from the airport and 5 miles from the main commercial district. Malta’s EU membership and regulation makes it an ideal location to service the European Union
- Licensing gateway to Europe
- Political landscape is solid, making it one of the most suitable environments for gaming companies to license and locate
- The Lotteries and Gaming Authority (LGA) is a public single regulatory body that is responsible for the governance of all forms of gaming in Malta.
- Start-up incentives, available via the Malta Enterprise initiative, including Business Advisory guidance
A comprehensive suite of services and solutions are available from our Malta data centre from traditional co-location to fully managed solutions, designed to meet your organisations needs now, and into the future.
- Connected to Melita and Interoute on a private network basis and over different routes in order to interconnect into our global backbone
- Diversified off-island routes to Milan and Paris – Interoute and Melita
- Private backbone network to North America, London, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Milan and Paris via layer 3 MPLS network controlled by Continent 8 end to end
- Manned facility, multilevel access control with CCTV monitored 24/7
- Fully redundant cooling systems in a 2N configuration
- Mechanical, electrical and network systems monitored 24/7 by expert engineers
- Fire and water leak protection systems
- Up to 5 kVA per rack dual power provision
You can download the Malta Data Sheet
Just fill out the form below and we will send you an instant download link to the document.