Malta became a member state of the European Union (EU) on 1st May 2004, competing against countries like Ireland and Luxembourg, Malta has a unique combination of a multi-lingual workforce and a strong Anglo-Saxon legal system. Malta has a regulator, the MFSA, with a strong business development mindset and the country has been successful in attracting gaming businesses, aircraft and ship registration, credit-card issuing banking licences and also fund administration. Service providers to these industries, including fiduciary and trustee business, is a core part of the growth strategy of the Island.
Continent 8 Technologies’ data centre in Malta is located in central Malta, 2 miles from the airport and 5 miles from the main commercial district. Malta’s EU membership and regulation makes it an ideal location to service the European Union
- Licensing gateway to Europe
- Political landscape is solid, making it one of the most suitable environments for gaming companies to license and locate
- The Lotteries and Gaming Authority (LGA) is a public single regulatory body that is responsible for the governance of all forms of gaming in Malta.
- Start-up incentives, available via the Malta Enterprise initiative, including Business Advisory guidance
A comprehensive suite of services and solutions are available from our Malta data centre from traditional co-location to fully managed solutions, designed to meet your organisations needs now, and into the future.
- Connected to Melita and Interoute on a private network basis and over different routes in order to interconnect into our global backbone
- Diversified off-island routes to Milan and Paris – Interoute and Melita
- Private backbone network to North America, London, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Milan and Paris via layer 3 MPLS network controlled by Continent 8 end to end
- Manned facility, multilevel access control with CCTV monitored 24/7
- Fully redundant cooling systems in a 2N configuration
- Mechanical, electrical and network systems monitored 24/7 by expert engineers
- Fire and water leak protection systems
- Up to 5 kVA per rack dual power provision
You can download the Malta Data Sheet