As a part of our international corporate and product expansion we are looking for qualified, talented and energetic people with experience in the technology sector.
Our Data Centres are uniquely linked to our other operations and this together with our expertise in building and operating Data Centres makes our proposition globally competitive. We know that to keep being the best we need to recruit and retain the best people. Our salary structure, opportunity and development are key components of recruiting the best.
Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) – London
We are now recruiting for a Solutions Architect (Pre Sales) at our London office.
The primary purpose of the role is to support all sales activity from a technical perspective, pre-sales for new business and Technical Account Manager for existing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be able to understand customers’ requirements and translate into a technical design suited to their needs
- RFI / RFP and Bid Proposal preparation and completion
- Assess, investigate and provide conclusion on suitability for all non-standard products and services for sales
- Meet quarterly and annual objectives working in tandem with the Sales organisation and revenue targets
- Existing customer primary technical contact for account management, building relationships and maintaining with regular engagement
- Create, update and propose new marketing and technical documentation material for website, presentations and event activities
- Primary liaison between operational and technical Continent 8 teams and customer peer teams
- Understanding and demonstrating Continent 8 products and services and identifying unique differentiators
- Keep abreast of technical innovations, new products and services which may be of interest to Continent 8 and our customers
- Assist sales team in understanding or presenting and proposing Continent 8 services to customers and opportunities
Technical Skills & Experience
- 3 + years in a comparable pre-sales / technical architect position supporting the sales cycle in Hosting, Networking and/or IT Security solutions
- Demonstrable technical background across a number of disciplines (see below)
- Proven track record of managing and winning technical solution proposals
- MPLS / IP Networking fundamentals and WAN and LAN Architectures
- Co-Location (Rack / Power) awareness
- Hosting Services – NaaS, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DRaaS
- DDoS Mitigation Platforms and methods
- Cloud Backup Solutions and methods
- Managed / Professional services solution sales awareness
- Hardware Deployment and Solutions (Servers, Network Devices, Storage Devices)
- Software Deployment and Solutions (Operating Systems, Database Software, Web Software, Hypervisor Software)
- Public Internet Service solutions, principles, and architectures (DB / App / Web / IP / DNS / CDN / Peering) Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Self -motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Commercial awareness and communication skills
This role will include frequent travel & participation in networking events; therefore it is essential that the successful candidate will have the flexibility and & adaptability to meet the requirements of this element of the job specification.
Senior Systems Administrator – Dublin
As part of our continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator based at our Dublin office.
The main purpose of this role will be to install, manage and maintain Customer IT Systems as well as being a Key Technical lead within the department, providing guidance to colleagues and management. You will therefore be recognized as subject matter expert in two or more of the following:
- Microsoft Enterprise Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- Virtualization, preferable VMWare vSphere
- UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris or AIX) and/or LINUX (Red Hat, Ubantu, CentOS or SUSE)
- SAN & Storage systems, preferably EMC and/or HP
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco and/or Juniper Networking Systems
- Maintain a computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades while monitoring ongoing system performance
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT Infrastructure
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems, on an assigned project basis
- Provide support for internal IT systems and customer hosted solutions
- Performing advanced systems operational tasks
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordination and liaison with all other IT staff and areas within the company and customer base
- Be part of an on-call rotation for customer support
- Occasional travel to other locations
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar customer IT support role and should have a degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent, as well as a proven record of working in a team environment; having demonstrated the ability to work in a collaborative manner between groups on an international basis.
- VMware Certified Professional & VMware Certified Advanced Professional
- Linux Certified e.g. RCSA
- Microsoft Certifications e.g. MCSA\MCSE
- Strong individual initiative & ability to influence at a high level & support customer concerns
- Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail
- Plans and prioritises work effectively
- Energy and drive to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
Account Director – London
As part of our continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit an Account Director based at our London office.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Account Director will be primarily focused on new business acquisition, but will also be tasked with revenue retention and growth within a selected set of existing clients.
- Create and execute a commercial plan to maintain and grow revenues in a selected set of existing customer accounts
- Build a new business pipeline necessary to deliver sales targets
- Attain prescribed revenue and transaction goals
- Work closely with local partners, corporate service providers and Government bodies to build incremental sales pipeline
- Conduct short and mid-range planning of sales pipeline
- Collaborate with sales management and marketing to create targeted programs mapping to key target accounts and other sales segments as may become necessary
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5-10 years demonstrable track record of success in sales
- Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels, and across disciplines using different communication techniques
- A strong focus on execution. This individual must be strategic and creative, with strong sales execution capabilities critical for success.
- Is a disciplined user of Sales Force Automation (SFA) tools to log and track his/her daily sales activities to ensure transparency and visibility to sales leadership, marketing, and other functions who depend on accurate and current pipeline data
- Highly entrepreneurial, with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- A reasonable knowledge of telecommunications, Internet and hosting based solutions
- A knowledge of the gaming sector, though not essential, will be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative with flexibility to adapt and take instruction where necessary.
- Ability to network within a customer organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers
- Influencing, able to construct logical, credible and winning arguments that will persuade decision makers
- Change orientated, able to accept, work with and manage an ever-changing work environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
TechLine Manager – Dublin
As part of our continuing growth we are expanding our Dublin office to further support the needs of our internal and external customers, and will be operating a full 24 x 7 operation supporting all product areas including IT systems, networks and managed services.
In this newly created role as well as building & managing the team, the TechLine Manager will be responsible for designing & implementing the processes to support 24×7 operations and integration of current support requirements in conjunction with other managers which will include systems, network and facilities. This individual will be key in shaping the future support processes, structure and development of the services provided by Continent 8 to its global customer base.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build, develop & manage the frontline (TechLine) Support Team ensuring the efficient management of technical support personnel to meet & exceed all service level agreements in place
- Coordinate with the Global Support Services & wider Continent 8 Technology Services management teams and align all team members as it relates to support goals
- Coordinate global product support for shift resources related to customer support and managed services
- Develop, implement and distribute relevant policies and procedures to support staff
- Monitor the progress of open support tickets initiated by customers. Ensure tickets are tracked, documented and resolved, and customer updates are provided, in a timely manner as per established processes
- Lead problem resolution meetings
- Implement a continual process of refinement and optimisation to implement ways to make support services more efficient, (time, costs, and tools) without sacrificing quality
- Ensure support case reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis are generated to support analysis and staffing projections
- Organising periodic meetings as deemed necessary with the local Dublin office and extended members of the support team to address issues or improvement of services
- Ensure the Security measures are implemented and audited for all local Dublin operations and relevant international support services
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years working in a similar IT Operations Management role
- Previous experience setting-up & managing a 24×7 IT support team is essential
- ITIL Certification is required – Practitioner level or above would be advantageous
- Experience with ISO 27001 & 20000 Certifications & Requirements is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative
- A strong team player with a flexible approach, and can demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative manner between groups on an international basis
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn & drive that motivation within the team
- Strong analytical skills, logical and structured in approach
- Educated to Degree Level, ideally in an IT or related discipline or relevant equivalent experience
- Technical Qualification in IT Infrastructure is desirable
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply, attaching a copy of your current CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the advertised role, to email@example.com